DS-4 Snow/Rain Sensor Controller
•Automatic Activation means Lower Deicing Costs
• Reliable Rain and Snow Detection
• Dual 30A @ 240VAC, Individually Controlled
• Field Strap for 100-120/200-240 VAC Operation
• Replaceable Precipitation Sensor
• Easy Installation, Full Access to Electronics
• 16 Different Functions, 1 Part Number!
• Adjustable Temperature Trigger Point
• Adjustable Delay Off Cycle
• Selectable Low Temperature Cutoff
|Dimensions||4¾"(120) x 7"(178) x 2¾"(70)|
|Weight||2 Lbs. (0.9 Kg)|
|Operating Temperature||-40oF to +185oF (-40oC to +85oC)|
|Enclosure Rating||NEMA 3R|
|Supply Power||100-120VAC/200-240VAC Field Selectable 15W maximum|
|Trigger Temperature||34oF-44oF (1.1oC-6.6oC) Field Selectable|
|Load Contact Capacity||2 x 30A @ 240 VAC/100,000 operations min at full load|
|Monitor Contact Capacity||2 x 24 VDC/VAC 400mA 10W total|
The DS-4 is primarily designed for larger, more complex de-icing systems, especially those employing rain diversion. With its dual 30A switching capacity it can also be used for higher power pavement snow melting and tower applications.
The DS-4 offers up to 16 operational modes or "profiles". The profile is set at installation and can be easily changed at any time by adjusting a small rotary switch on the DS-4 printed circuit board. Currently, 11 profiles have been allocated to fulfill current customer requirements. The installation manual (available below) provides a full functional description in greater detail.