DS-8C Snow/Rain Sensor Controller
• Automatic Activation means Lower Deicing Costs
• Reliable Rain And Snow Detection
• Full 30A @ 277VAC Control
• Universal 100-277 VAC 50/60 Hz Operation, No Strapping Required
• Replaceable Remote Precipitation Sensor
• Easy Installation, Full Access to Electronics
• 10 Different Functions, 1 Part Number, Simplified Ordering
• Safe Low Voltage Sensor Head
• Adjustable Temperature Trigger Point
• Adjustable Delay Off Cycle with 30-90 Min or 2-6 Hr Ranges
• Super Bright Power/Activation LED Indicator
• Selectable Low Temperature Cutoff With Unique "Recover" Mode
• Smart "Manual On" Operates for One Delay Cycle
|Dimensions||4¾"(120) x 7"(178) x 2¾"(70)|
|Weight||2 Lbs. (0.9 Kg)|
|Operating Temperature||-40oF to +185oF (-40oC to +85oC)|
|Enclosure Rating||NEMA 3R|
|Supply Power||100-277VAC 50/60Hz 15W maximum|
|Trigger Temperature||34oF-44oF (1.1oC-6.6oC) Field Selectable|
|Delay Off (Sensor)||2 Minutes|
|Delay Off (Controller)||30-90 Minutes/2-6 Hours Field Selectable|
|Load Contact Capacity||30A @ 277 VAC/100,000 operations minimum at full load|
|Monitor Contact Capacity||24 VDC/VAC 400mA 10W total|
The DS-8C is primarily designed for gutter, downspout and roof ice melting and small satellite antenna deicing. The totally sealed, low voltage, remote mount precipitation sensor allows the user to install the small sensor head in a downspout, the back of a gutter, or at the end of an antenna boom, up to 10' away, while keeping the main controller in a more convenient or protected outdoor location. The unit is housed in a two gang PVC enclosure.
The DS-8C can be powered from a 100-277 VAC 50/60 Hz source. Peak power consumption is 15 watts. Input voltage selection is automatic. The unit provides a single 277 VAC @ 30 A normally open load contact set. This contact set is paralleled with a low power contact set to provide remote activation monitoring. Operational temperature range for the DS-8C is -40 °C to +85 °C.
An environmentally sealed control switch is provided. The "Manual On" function activates the controlled equipment for testing and special operational conditions. The "Automatic" position allows the DS-8C to handle all detections and control. The "Standby/Reset" position disables triggering and can also be used to clear the delay off timer (see below) from true or test activation. A connection terminal for remote control and monitor at up to 1000 feet away is provided. The DS-8C is compatible with the DP-7B, DP-7EX, and CDP-2 remote control/status panels and can be connected directly to building automation systems.
The DS-8C also has a Super Bright LED indicator, providing a method to check proper power and trigger status when the unit is mounted in a "hard to reach" location. Steady OFF indicates no power to the unit. Steady ON indicates power but no trigger. A blinking LED indicates the DS-8C is triggered and deicing is taking place.